Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Well, I Thought I Figured It Out :>(

I haven't posted for a while because I suffered a big letdown the next day. After working on the re-organization of my teeny, tiny studio, I pulled something in my back and then woke up to some kind of ache-y break-y flu. And when I finally sat down at the computer again, WINDOWS WOULDN'T WORK! *$?!@??!

I could only get as far as the Welcome screen and couldn't bear to try to reinstall, so I have (temporarily) given up on Windows.

I finally felt recovered enough to work on my studio reorganization again, and tonight I am starting to see some floor space!

It reminds me of the old Jewish folktale about the poor farmer who had a large family and a very small house. The wise Rabbi of the village advised him to move in all his animals, one by one, and when there wasn't an inch of air left, the Rabbi told him he could move the animals back out to the yard. The farmer was delighted with his huge, spacious house.

I would be so happy if I could actually use my sewing machine again for sewing instead of a place to pile things.

My real goal is to get one knitting machine unburied and find enough space around it to actually sit and operate the carriage.

In the meantime, I have begun a couple of projects from other people's patterns - always relaxing for me. One is a sleeveless lace sweater by Ilga Leja in Lady Godiva, a scrumptuous hand dyed silk and wool from Hand Maiden.




The other is Charlotte's Web from Koigu in a beautiful combination of 5 different colorways from Apple Laine. I bought the yarn from Earthfaire and am going to give this shawl to a dear relative for Hanukkah, so I'm not going to put the photo up till later, because she reads my blog and I want her to be surprised, but here is a photo of the yarn.




In fact, several other projects I've completed in the last 2 weeks cannot be exposed yet for the same reason.