Saturday, April 28, 2007

Fiber News


I have managed to work a little throughout this past episode. I finished my second BMFA design and hope you will be able to see both soon. And I made this shawl on the 970 and have been working on the crocheted border as my carry along project. It is named "Miss Violetta" and took only 2 1/2 hours to knit on the machine but will take approximately 2 1/2 weeks to trim. Tiny, lace weight yarn with a size 2 crochet hook! The style of the shawl is like this one, which appears on the homepage of my website.


I also finished one of my Kitri socks. The yarn for the cuff broke twice and I would have just finished the sock in ribbing if it hadn't been so darned cute (and the lace with the beads was very hard to frog) One more to go before I can start another sock.



Although I have about 17 projocts in the works, I try not to ever have 2 of the same type going at once. In that way, I don't feel so promiscuous.