Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rooster Rock Handbag (in Progress)

The scarf for BMFA is finished! As I told you, I adore the yarn! I had a lot left over, having calculated that it would take 2 skeins of Lupe and having forgotten that there would be a stretch factor once the scarf had some weight to it, I only ended up needing one skein.

Walking through my dining room last night, I realized that the colors of my rug are the same as the colors of the Rooster Rock. I can never be accused of having inconsistent taste in color.
While working on the scarf, inspiration struck for a handbag from the same yarns plus some others that were lying around. Probably 20% of the yarn in my stash could coordinate with Rooster Rock.
At first I thought I might submit the design to Tina but as I progress in actually making up the bag, I am thinking there are too many outsource materials and too much sewing construction to make it a marketable pattern.

Here is the bag in progress.
Suffice it to say I am much better at knitting than photography! I really admire bloggers whose photos are beautiful works of art. In particular, Cara (just scroll through her photos at the top of the blog if you want to be thrilled) and Yarnstorm (her photos have a unique style that just delight me)