Thursday, May 17, 2007

eBay: Ellene Warren Sexy Black Jersey Dress Back Out size s (item 330120723270 end time May-23-07 14:37:26 PDT)

Every once in a while, my e-bay search comes up with a listing for one of my old designs. This one was a big seller for me back in the day. Here is the story of it's conception:

I was a workaholic - 6 days a week, from early morning till after 7 every night, I would be at the store, doing the work of at least 3 people - designing, making the patterns, cutting and sewing the first samples, buying the fabric, doing every fitting myself, managing the production staff, and whatever else needed to be done. I never took a day off - in fact, in the entire 18 and a half years I had a store (or stores), I only took 2 two week vacations.

But on this one particular day, I couldn't get myself going and decided to stay home. I can't remember why, but it probably had to do with heartbreak over the romance (that's another story - a book in fact)

While watching an old movie - can't remember what - I had the idea for this dress with a contoured collar and a low v in front and a v to the waist in the back. I got up, got dressed, hopped in my black Corvette, and tooled down Benedict Canyon to West Hollywood. And this dress was born - made from matte jersey, slinky, sexy, and I knew it was a winner before anyone ever tried it on. It had a matching belt that closed with a rhinestone frog - must have been lost on this one here, but it cinched in the waist and the jersey draped beautifully above and below. Nothing drapes as nicely as matte jersey. I went through bolts and bolts of it. In fact, I probably still have part of a bolt in my storage.

I also made this design as a top in matte jersey with individually applied sequins with a plain skirt, belt and neckband.


eBay: Ellene Warren Sexy Black Jersey Dress Back Out size s (item 330120723270 end time May-23-07 14:37:26 PDT)