Friday, May 25, 2007

Eden Got New Shoes

On the left is my foot. (size 7.5) On the right are Eden's new shoes. I am so glad Eden has no desire for hand made socks!


These are Monkey socks from Knitty by Cookie A. The yarn is Merino Wool hand painted, Flame colorway by Yummee Yarn.
Loved the pattern, loved the yarn, not crazy about the pattern in this yarn. BTW, the 2 socks really are the same size - not sure why they don't look it in the photo.

After weighing it, I didn't think there was enough to make the both socks entirely from this yarn, so I used the contrasting cuff and toe trick. There would have been plenty, as it turned out, so I made a pair of baby socks but the photo is too blurry to share.

The yarn is lovely, soft and spongy, very much like Socks That Rock. It's just that the colors are so busy that the Monkey stitch pattern is lost.

I am making another pair with a nearly solid yarn and am much happier with the result. Will post a photo when completed.

I made 3 new sweaters in the last couple of weeks but am waiting for someone to take my picture wearing them so I can show you.

Only a few more days of school and then summer officially starts!