Friday, August 10, 2007

Stephanie and Luka and Some FO's

Meet my god-daughter's newest creation - Luka Alexandra. Born on Saturday morning with a minimum amount of discomfort, she is precious and tiny. I went to see them on Sunday and brought them some new socks!

The Monkeys and baby socks are made from Rio de la Plata sock yarn. Baby sock pattern was out of my frenzied mind.





Me and Luka! It's so amazing to remember how small they are when they first pop out.


I had enough yarn left over from the Kaffe Fassett yarn to make a little baby pair. I am collecting some socks to send to Afghans for Afghans.

This is the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I saw it on Ravelry and HAD to make one. I used 2 different colorways of Claudia's Handpainted Sock Yarn and was totally delighted with the way they blended. It's a mindless knit - very good for social knitting and hey Ellen! A wonderful procrastination project!

And speaking of Ravelry! What fun! What a party! I wish everyone could get on it. Because of Ravelry, I have discovered Flickr and Picnik and now my life is (nearly) complete!

If only my own website were as easy to use. I would have uploaded all those PDF versions of my patterns that my sister formatted for me! I would have my new yarnartists.com website up and running! Instead I futz around with blogger and ravelry because it is easy and fun.

And speaking of futzing - I am wondering why I spend so much time knitting other people's patterns while visions of delight run through my mind. I know the answer - it is because knitting other people's designs (even with my own variations) is relaxing and fun. Working on my own is stressful and not fun.

When I designed in fabric, there was no equivalent. I was never tempted to buy ready made patterns because they were not fun. It was stressful and not fun to make my own patterns, but so much faster to see the end result - I think that had something to do with it.

So I continue to buy yarn and dream of the possibilities. I will never show anyone the sum total of my stash. It is too terrifying to even look at all at once myself. I keep finding new pockets of storage so I can still manage to fit into my workroom.