Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Either a Pair of Socks or...All These


My Beaded Garden Party Scarf. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Pearl colorway. Not quite up to the Koigu, but the good thing is it is only $9.75 a skein and the skeins are larger. Instead of using 1.5, I made this scarf with just one skein. Saving nearly $20 on yarn now that Koigu is running $14 a skein!



These are the cutest booties - called Saartje's Bootie, they take about an hour to make. Even better, the pattern is free here.


And to go with it, one EZ Baby Surprise Jacket. I used a little bit of black fingering weight wool in the booties and sweater to make it more interesting, and I crocheted a beaded border on the sweater. Instead of closing with buttons (I only had 2 more like the ones I used on the booties) I crocheted ties that end in beaded flowers.