Friday, October 19, 2007

Why I Haven't Been Blogging

1. Life has been getting in the way. Too many little (and big) distractions - all personal and I'm not going to write much of anything personal any more (see #2)
2. The main reason I haven't been blogging is because I received via a third party, a very negative comment about my blog and quite frankly, I just don't have my heart in it any more. I've always thought of myself as somewhat a rebel, but I just don't feel like putting my neck on the chopping block any more. Maybe it will come back someday, but for the time being, I am very happy just sharing my work in ravelry where narrative is relegated to descriptions of projects and can easily be kept on the subject of knitting, crochet, and yarn.
3. Getting ready for the CCM show in a couple of weeks. Gulp. Very nervous.
4. Preparing a new website to sell my finished, one of a kind pieces.

That being said, I am still as prolific as ever, just don't have photos to post. But here is one project I will show you:




Fat Bottom Bag from Stitch and Bitch Happy Hooker.
Yarn is Noro Kureyon. Lined with silk Chinese brocade.
Handles from labeana (love her work so much)

I think what pissed my off about this 'person's' comments the most was that she had read my blog throughly and did not make ONE COMMENT about my work!!! Her criticism was entirely personal.

Okay, blessings to her and all that. And if she's reading this "I hope you're happy now!"