Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another Week, 3 More FO's

It has always bothered me that the neighbors could see silhouettes through our bedroom window at night. I saw this screen at Aaron Brothers and thought it would be perfect for my booth at Stitches West in February. My plan was to print out 8x10 photos of some of my patterns and put them into the frames. When I saw that the one I wanted (black) was on sale for 50% off, I whipped out the Mastercard.

Back home, set up in the bedroom, I realized that it would solve my window problem and fit in to my decorating scheme perfectly.

Using my Joann's coupon, I purchased some scrapbook paper in colors that worked with the colors of the room, came home, cut them to size and voila! The solution to the window problem, and I can still use it for Stitches West!

See, watching HGTV endlessly will eventually rub off!



But home decor is not all I've been up to. My friend, Angela Best, who I 'met' on Ravelry, has this terrific design in Stitch and Bitch Crochet, called Short 'n Sweet. I used Shine Sport from Knitpicks, which is a really nice, drapey yarn that I am currently quite fond of. And at $2.49 a ball, you can't beat it with a stick!

I made this little shrug in a day and a half. It will be a Hanukkah present for one of my nieces.





And no, I am not tired of making the Heartbeat sweater yet! This one is called Summer Melons because the yarn is so melony and delicious and cool. I had an uncontrollable craving for rainbow sherbet while working on this one.




And yes, I do sleep, in case you are wondering. But not very much.