Monday, November 05, 2007

Contemporary Crafts Market is Over


And wow! it was intense. On Thursday Sharon and I set up our booth. It took practically the entire day and then when we thought we were finished, a friendly neighbor with a lot of experience came over and critiqued our set up, which caused us to rethink the whole thing so we started all over again and came up with something so much better. You can't really see my entire display from the angle of the first photo - wish I had noticed that before today when I could have had another photo taken!

I had entirely too much stuff. I had actually never seen everything I had collected all in one room before and I was rather amazed to see what I had accumulated. On Sunday, I removed about 1/3 of my inventory and it was much better - people could actually focus on individual pieces.

I think the show was a successful first attempt for both of us, and if I do the June show, I have a lot of ideas on how to make it even more successful.

But right now, I need to attend to all the things I put off over the last 2 weeks and then I need to sit down for a minute or a week and just .... knit!