Friday, February 15, 2008

Okay, I'll Show You...

...what I've been working on.

Yes, it is Shruggity Shrug Revisited in Claudia Handpaints Mohair. The lightest most lovely soft mohair, a little heavier than Kidsilk Haze but sooo much softer. My plan is to kit this pattern but it takes 3 skeins, so I am stalled, wondering if it would be too pricey.

This one will not be kitted, just the pattern will be available. You might recognize my snowflakes, crocheted from my sick bed. This was what I had planned and I am so happy with both the sweater and the snowflakes. It is called "Snowflakes in Summer" and Eden says it looks Japanese. I am so flattered! I adore the Japanese pattern books and have no doubt been influenced by them, but where did he see Japanese knitting? He definitely doesn't look at my books.

But he studies Japanese in school and collects anime films and Japanese graphic novels, so I suppose there is some crossover in design sensibilities.

And those of you who know me know that cannot be all. There are several other things that haven't been photographed yet..