Monday, May 26, 2008

Flower and Leaf Cropped Sweater

I started this one last summer while sitting by the 3-toed sloths at the La Brea Tar Pits waiting for Eden, who was taking an art class. I almost finished it and in my own typical way, put it aside, already knowing what it would be like, not sure if I liked it, and worried that I didn't have enough yarn to finish it.



But since I am trying to finish things up for the show and this is a very summery top, I decided to turn it into an FO. The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silkie Socks that Rock colorway Sherbet
and Lightweight Lemongrass

All the flowers have lime green fire polished crystals in their centers. I just love my linking flower technique.

The leaf border didn't work as dangling fringes, which was why I put it away for nearly a year, but I got the idea to crochet aroung each leaf and link them together and now I am pleased.