Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weaving in the Ends

I finally finished the display dolls for Claudia and got them shipped off to her. If you are planning on attending TNNA in Columbus, stop by her booth, (I believe it's 115) and give her a hug from me!


In honor of my completion of the daunting task, I decided to indulge in some mindless fun and chose this adorable little gauntlet by Dora Ohrenstein. The pattern is free on Crochet Insider

And while you're there, don't miss this great interview with my long lost separated before birth sister, Myra Wood.



The blue ones are from Claudia Hand Painted Fingering Weight in Blue Jeans colorway on a Size B hook, as called for in the pattern.
They came out too tight for my small hands, so I just considered them a swatch and made the brownish pair on a C hook. I believe that color is called Desert Dusk. They fit perfectly except for the top edge, which gaps on the palm side.

The next pair will be Just Right! cuz now I know how to tweak it. But I have lost the mood for making them since it was freakishly hot here. I actually stopped knitting last night! Me, the one who never just sits...actually watched a movie with nothing at all in her hands. Well, a cat noticed so there technically was a cat under my hands.